Welcome! Καλώς όρισες! Bienvenu! Hoş Geldiniz! Welkom! 形容词 Välkommen! ברוך הבא Tervetuloa! Добро пожаловать

My blog is going to be about the holidays I go on and fun times I have with my family. I would like to be able to look back on the special times I've had and have a way to remember those moments. I am also starting this blog so that my friends and extended family will be able to see what I am up to :)

Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Island of the rich and famous

Monday, 2 April

I was woken up by an announcement over the speakers that we had docked in Piraeus (Athens' harbor) We had come back to pick up/ drop off people. I read for a bit and then we went to breakfast. We went to Traviata. It was delicious- my favorite was their muffins! We then disembarked and walked around Piraeus to give our legs a stretch.

Tiny church in Piraeus

One we had boarded again, I wrote yesterday's blog and as we were leaving the harbor, I posted it. I then went up to deck 10 and lay on a lounger in the sun with mom, dad and Ash. After a while I got too hot and then I came back to our cabin and read (I finished my book)

Mom told me that we would eat lunch at 1 o clock and so I made my way up to the pasta bar to meet them there. I had tagliatelle with a tomato sauce and mushrooms, bacon, onions, pepper etc. We ate it in Star's lounge (mom says it is her favorite place on the ship and it is easy to see why- you get a fantastic view from up there.)

After lunch I had a quick shower and then mom and I went for a pedicure (mom had booked it earlier in the day) It was very relaxing- I think I am a real spa girl! I got a sparkly purple nail polish on my toes and it looks really funky (and it matches with my purple sandles perfectly!) Then we went and relaxed in our cabins while we let the nail polish dry. Tomorrow Mom and Ash are going for a manicure (I know- we were very surprised that Ashlyn wanted one, but she has been working hard at not biting her nails and she obviously is proud of them.)



At 4:45 we got tea and cake at Traviata. We ate it in Star's lounge and as we were finishing we saw Mykonos island. We are going to be spending the evening there. Mom and dad chose not to do the walking tour because we can walk around the main town by ourselves (without a big crowd)


We disembarked and then got on a shuttle bus, which drove us 3KM into the main town. Then we walked onto one of their small beaches and dipped our finger in the sea. It was very cold! We carried on walking further into town and turned up a smaller street to get out of the crowd. After following the narrow, winding streets we reached one of their windmills up on the slope. We admired the view and I sat down because I had a stomach ache.






Then we walked down until we came to the sea again. There we saw one of the pelicans who are the mascots for Mykonos island. He was beautiful. We wanted to watch the sunset and so we walked to a hill which has 4 windmills on it. We were all very cold, but me and ash managed to watch right until the sun slipped behind an island in the distance. Incredible!






We went back to a little restaurant called sunset (a very fitting name) where we had dinner. We ordered 2 plates of chips, fried houlumi, bread and grilled octopus. Once we had finished, we went back to the bus and drove to the ship. Then Ash and I went to bed.


Ashlyn incognito in Mykonos

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog again. The pictures are absolutely beautiful, especially the one of the sunset. And although it is cold in the morning and evening, you have clear skies all the time. Just think if it had been raining. You seem to be really lucky with the weather.
    Your toes look great. I expect a picture of Ashlyn's nails in tomorrow's blog of course!
    The beach looks a bit like Scilly!
    Opa and Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos, especially the white buildings and dark blue ocean. Marielle and I looked at the "pathetic" looking windmilss, wondered if they work and decided our dutch ancestors could teach them a thing or 2 about windmills! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete