Sunday, 8 April
Our apartment is lovely and spacious. It is decorated in the Greek white and blue. Ash and I have our own bedroom (Yay!) and we both love our room. My room has a door which leads out onto the patio and Ashlyn has a balcony outside hers.
My bedroom
Sitting area
It was so fun waking up on Easter morning and all making our way down to the rocky cove where we sat, watched the sea and read the Easter story in my bible. We had our own sunrise service! We saw the red-headed duck and named him Hercules (Hurki for short) I gave him some bread and filled up his water bowl. He is quite shy and won't come too near you.
View from our patio
The cove
Hurki eating my pile of bread
We went back to the apartment and had breakfast (Coco pops and toast) After breakfast Ash and I went an explored by ourselves. That was really fun! When we came back mom told us to get into our costumes. We wanted to find a beach to play on but first we had to get petrol (the car rental company gave it to us practically empty!) As we drove we had to occasionally remind dad to drive on the right hand side, but he did really well.
Exploring
Throwing rocks into the sea
We found a petrol station and then carried on driving through the green countryside of Paros. It is the prettiest island I've seen so far! We decided to go to Golden Beach which the guidebook said is a very popular beach. When we got there, the only other people we saw were far away, so we pretty much had the beach to ourselves. We spent about an hour there, just relaxing, playing in the (very cold) water and building sand forts. Paros is extremely windy (they call it a windsurfer's paradise!) and eventually we decided to go find somewhere sheltered to have lunch.
Golden beach
Building sand forts
We drove into the town of Alyki and found a place to eat on the beachfront. I ordered spaghetti bolognese. It was delicious but toO much for me to finish. After lunch Ash and I went to play on Alyki's beach for a bit.
Spaghetti Bolognese
Then we came back to the apartment and I had a bath. I posted my blog and me and Ash made paper airplanes to fly inside. For dinner we had a tuna salad and some toast. Then we went to bed.













Wow, that looks like a whole PACKET of spaghetti on your plate!!! What a lovely beach, Ashlyn must have enjoyed that!
ReplyDeleteIt must have been nice to do things by yourself, no ferry or boat to catch....
Well, if I reason like a Greek person, I would probably also give the car practically without petrol!! Prices are high, economy is bad, future (pension) is uncertain....
We hadn't driven more than about 7km's before the warning light was on. One of our mottos this holiday has been "there's no such thing as a wrong turn," but that's definitely not the case when you're trying to find a petrol station (there are only about 4 on the island, apparently and it took us a while to find one).
ReplyDeleteGosh, you didnt need the stress of finding petrol! Ugh. But the island looks beautiful. What a perfect way to end off the busy holiday by slowing down - by the sounds of it? Is it hard not being able to read their signs? I suddenly realised that looking at one of your fotos, that is what it must feel like to be illiterate!
ReplyDelete