Welcome! Καλώς όρισες! Bienvenu! Hoş Geldiniz! Welkom! 形容词 Välkommen! ברוך הבא Tervetuloa! Добро пожаловать

My blog is going to be about the holidays I go on and fun times I have with my family. I would like to be able to look back on the special times I've had and have a way to remember those moments. I am also starting this blog so that my friends and extended family will be able to see what I am up to :)

Thursday, 29 March 2012

Circling the city

Thursday, 29 March

This was the day to squeeze in everything we still wanted to do in Athens! Here's what we did:

* Had a slow start and ate an English breakfast (fried egg, bacon, mushrooms, tamato and fresh bread.)

* Saw the Roman Agora



Wind Tower


Public latrines!

* Went to a cafe, ordered what we thought was a Meze platter and got a bowl of stew



* Wandered through the Plaka area and I bought a beautiful pair of earrings


* Went to a restaurant for lunch (I got a hamburger)




* Walked up to the new Acropolis museum. That was very interesting



* Went for dessert at a restaurant called Chocolat. I ordered a brownie, Ash got a chocolate waffle and mom and dad shared a plate of loukoumades (mini donuts- without the hole) It came with a wonderful view




* Came home and read (finished my book)

* Mom & Dad had done washing earlier in the morning and so dad did ironing (Oma is 7000 KM away!)

* Ate dinner: Piece of chicken, potatoes and Greek salad

6 comments:

  1. A bonus blog tonight!!
    Are you wearing your owl earrings in the photo Ashlyn?
    On the previous 'big trip' you took the ironing help with :(
    Happy sailing tomorrow!
    Opa and Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mom. Yes, she knew she wouldn't have time tomorrow morning (we are leaving at 8:30) so she did a quick blog tonight. Athens has been wonderful, we're almost sad to leave (especially !
    Nicole and I, you know how we are). Not sure how easy it will be to get Internet connection - hope you still have all the regular blogs. Isn't Nicole doing an AMAZING job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Joan ( and Nicole )ABSOLUTELY. We LOVE it! I also wondered about the internet connection on the cruise.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say that it is such a nice picture of Ashlyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful! Sorry i got a bit behind with reading. We fetched Marinda from Potch so things got hectic. I so love your phots Nicole, they tell a whole story of their own! Amazing that we are so far away but can share a window in your world! Thanks! Love yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at the latrine, it appears they really made things to last. I have great memories of the English breakfast I experienced at your place in SA. It sounds like this day was a day of more traditional food. Just one question comes to mind. How was the hamburger?

    ReplyDelete