Friday, 30 March
We woke up in Athen's Heritage House. I had a quick shower and then we ate breakfast (fruit salad and toast). We finished packing our bags and then Nikos (taxi driver) came and picked us up. He drove us down to the Piraeus Harbor and we saw our cruise ship (Louis Cristal) docked there. We had to go through the long process of handing in our bags (they put them outside your room), checking in and going through passport control. The nice thing was that once we were through, we could immediately board the ship and go to our rooms.
Me and Ash are sharing a room. We have a little seating area, 2 beds, a bathroom with a shower, cupboards, a desk and a small fridge. We are very pleased with it! Our room is on deck 4 and mom and dad have the room next door. As soon as we got here we started unpacking our bags and settling in. We each have an electronic card to open the door. You also pay for everything on that card (room service!) There is a telephone in the room and you can dial the room number you want to call. That is really cool- we can talk to mom and dad over the phone!
Our window
After we had settled in, we went to reception to sort out a few things. Then there was a safety drill, where everyone had to go to their assembly station wearing their life jackets and they told you what to do in case of an emergency etc.
After that we went up onto the top deck, where we watched as the boat pulled out of harbor. By then we were getting hungry, so we went to the pool area to have lunch. They had a pasta bar where there were two guys and you told them what you wanted in your sauce (mushrooms, bacon etc), whether you wanted the creamy or the tomato sauce and which type of pasta you wanted. Then they whipped up your pasta for you. It was amazing! The only bad thing was that everyone on board had also had hunger pangs at the same moment as us and so we had to wait in a long queue to get our food.
Leaving Piraeus harbour
Top deck (10th floor)
Eating pasta
After lunch both me and mom went and had a nap (we were exhausted- mom thinks it is because we took seasickness tablets and one of the side effects is drowsiness) When I woke up, me and Ash went and explored the ship. Then we came back to fetch mom and dad, and showed them the coffee lounge that we had found on the top deck. They both had filter coffee and I had a Fanta. Ash and I decided to come back to the room. I read a bit and then Ash and I played Black Jack.
Star's Lounge
When we were finished mom and I went and looked at their (tiny) gym. I went on the treadmill first and then we swapped. While mom was on the treadmill I did the stepping machine and the ice-skating machine. Then I had a shower and washed my hair.
We went to dinner at Caruso restaurant on deck 5. We ate a delicious buffet dinner. Once we had finished, we went to see the theatre that they have on board. They were doing some singing and dancing, but I was very tired so I came back to our room and went to sleep.
Caruso Resturant
Buffet










I am so glad that you could post a blog. Maybe from Istanbul, where you stayed with Mom's friend? You must have left by now and will be sailing again. How exciting. How cool to have your own bedroom/bathroom etc. And you can go 'out' and explore without getting lost! Hope the weather is nice for the cruise, but it looks like it is!
ReplyDeleteOma and Opa
Wow - this looks like an experience and a half. Did you all take sea-sickness tablets? Hope you are all feeling better.
ReplyDelete