Welcome! Καλώς όρισες! Bienvenu! Hoş Geldiniz! Welkom! 形容词 Välkommen! ברוך הבא Tervetuloa! Добро пожаловать

My blog is going to be about the holidays I go on and fun times I have with my family. I would like to be able to look back on the special times I've had and have a way to remember those moments. I am also starting this blog so that my friends and extended family will be able to see what I am up to :)

Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Naoussa

Monday, 9 April

After I woke up I went and gave Hurki some bread and filled up his water bowl. When everyone else woke up we had breakfast, which was 'fruit salad' (a duo of fruits- apple and banana!) and toast. Mom and Dad went for an explore of the property while I wrote my blog. When they came back we got ready and went for a drive.

We drove north, up to the fishing town of Naoussa and then decided to carry on because we were so enjoying looking at the beautiful countryside of Paros. As we were driving the weather started changing from sunny to overcast and rainy. We drove up to the top right corner of Paros, until there was no more road left. There was a tiny beach there and we walked on it in the rain.

Walking in the rain


Then we decided that we were hungry and drove back to Naoussa. We found a little restaurant next to the harbor, where we could have lunch. Mom, dad and I shared a salad, bread and a fillet of swordfish. It was so yummy. Ash had a 'burger' (the Greek version of a burger is just a patty- no roll!) They brought us a plate of puddings which was delicious (we've almost come to expect these free plates of desserts!)



Naoussa (the fishing town of Paros)

After lunch we walked around the harbor a bit. We went and explored the ruins of a fort in the harbor and saw some ducks waddling along the road. We started walking back to our car and had to pass through a playground to get to it. Me and Ash decided to go on the roundabout and mom took pictures of us.

Walking to the fort

View of Naoussa from the fort

Ducks

Roundabout :)

We drove to a supermarket and bought some things we needed. I decided to make us chicken pot pie so we had to get some ingredients. When we got back home I read a bit. We saw a really friendly white cat and named her Diana. She was at our back door and was rubbing against our legs. When I sat down and stroked her she curled up into my lap! After we had given her some love dad taught us to play backgammon (a very Greek game) Him and I versed each other and I won :)

Diana

Backgammon

By then it was getting fairly late and we were getting hungry. I made the pies and they tasted delicious. The recipe is from Nigella Lawson and it is one of my favorites. After dinner I went to bed.

Making the chicken stew for inside the pies

Putting on the puff-pastry lids

3 comments:

  1. Ha, so today I beat oma to the commenting, but only because she was battling to comment again! I will help her tomorrow. We discovered it is almost impossible to problem solve computer problems over the phone. Hey, i am so impressed that you managed to find and cook those pies in a strange country where the stuff looks "foreign"! Ha ha - pun intended! Well done! O and walking on that beach in the rain must have been fun - i love walking in the rain ( mostly ) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yvonne. Reading labels has been challenging. We've had to revert to looking at the pictures to know what we are buying! :) Poor Mom - at least she can still read it though, huh? Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, poor mom, she gets very distressed, and she has the weirdest problems... This one is about enabling cookies. I'll look this afternoon, so watch this space! Love the blog, it is like a little window into another world!

    ReplyDelete