Yesterday, I woke up and did some blogging. Then I read my book until we had breakfast. After breakfast it was my turn to do the dishes :(
We decided that we would go to Spier Winefarm and left at about 11:30. We arrived there in time for lunch- which we had at their restaurant called Eight. Me and Ash both had there burger and mom and dad had their Trout and Egg.
After lunch we went to the info centre and asked where their Segway Guided tours were. (A Segway is this 2 wheeled personal transporter- look at the pictures) They took us to their obstacle course where we would learn how to drive them. To go forward you lean forward and to stop you lean back. You pull the handles in he direction you want to go. I got to go on the Segway first!
After our practice we went out onto the farm.
The Merlot vineyard
The tour lasted 1 hour and it was so much fun! Once we started to relax we went quite fast. I absolutely loved it!
After the tour Ashlyn said she wanted to go look at their Bird encounters section. She went by herself and got to hold a spotted eagle owl (her favorite bird) She also went around, looking and sometimes touching the other owls and eagles.
Holding tht Spotted Eagle Owl (called Squint)
We drove back home and then decided to go to Camps Bay for beach-time and 1 scoop of ice-cream. This time I chose the Yummy. It is vanilla ice-cream with pieces of chocolate biscuit in it. I played with Ashlyn in the sand a bit and then read my book.
We came home and finished the Snoek Pâté. The we ate dinner- which was a steak pie and salad.
After dinner I had a relaxing bath and went to bed.

















Lovely blog today. Those Segways, they have them in the shopping centres. And they go FAST!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad Ashlyn that you saw your favourite birds and even held them. And of course we would find Ashlyn on the beach in the sand. Reminds me of Scilly!
OK, one more day! Enjoy
Oma
Nicole - you have done an awesome account of our week. So enjoyed reading this but most of all, it was fun to actually have the experiences with you, Ashlyn and Mom first hand. Have an awesome 2012 and thanks for sharing a great holiday with me. Love Dad.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Grandpa just phoned to say they have have been following your blog and have enjoyed the holiday just as much as we have!!
Yes Oma- they do go fast. We were a bit hesitant at first but near the end I was zooming around! Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog- it has been awesome to share the experience with you :) Love you lots
ReplyDeleteDad- I just LOVE going on holiday with you. Thanks for being the greatest
The Segway WAS great fun, although I got nervous when he changed it from tortoise mode to unrestricted mode & suddenly you could go alot faster!
ReplyDeletewell, I also wish they could give us those segways in the shops. Can you imagine the traffic jams in clearwater! Love your photos!
ReplyDelete