Yesterday, at 8 o' clock we drove to Table Mountain cable car station. It took about 35 minutes to get into the cable car, but the wait was worth it! The cable car can hold a lot of people and the floor rotates so that where ever you are standing, you get to see a panoramic view. Once we were up the mountain we went to lots of view spots and looked down at Cape Town (we even saw the house where we are staying!) We walked around among the strange plants (proberbly Fynbos) that grow up there, saw some interesting animals, like Dassies and lizards, and just admired the wonderful view. After we had walked around we went to the Table Mountain Cafe. I had a packet of chips and some Rooibos tea.
The cables for the cable car. YIKES!
Cute Dassies
Mom, is that really a good idea?!
Table Mountain Cafe
When we got back down, we went back to our apartment and rested a bit.
We wanted to go to Hout Bay and had seen a pancake house there, so we decided to try it. It was called Harrie's Pancakes. Me and Ash shared a mince pancake and then, for dessert, a cinnamon sugar one. They were the best pancakes I have ever tasted (sorry to anyone whose pancakes I've tasted- maybe these just had the Factor X!)
We drove to Mariner's Wharf for some beach-time. I had a headache so I just read while Ashlyn played in the sand. It was very relaxing.
Mom and dad had bought some Snoek Pâté at the Fish shop there, so we went home to have it on biscuits. Dad made a braai and braaied chicken with a Moroccan flavoring. That was so delicious! We had it with salad and bread.
(I will put in some pictures of the day when I can- dad only loaded on the Table Mountain photos)







Nicely said, Nix. Table Mountain was a real HIGHlight on Thursday!
ReplyDeleteHa ha- very punny!
ReplyDeleteo I loved table mountain when I was there - but - being scared of heights - is kind of limiting when you go up there! What precious memories you made
ReplyDelete