This morning I woke up at 7 o' clock. I read my book while I waited for everyone else to wake up :) When everyone was we went outside and saw table mountain for the first time (yesterday the 'table cloth' was on it.) I can't wait to go up to the top in a cable car. We had a rusk and coffee (tea for me & Ash) on our patio. Then we ate breakfast: Coco Pops and toast with cheese and jam.
Anyway, let me tell you what we did yesterday afternoon.
After lunch mom and dad dropped us off at the apartment and went to do some shopping. When they came back we went for a walk around Oranjezicht (the area where we are staying). It is right against Table mountain, and so we had to walk up some extreme slopes! Mom estimates we walked about 5Km. It was a really lovely walk- it was cloudy, with a slight breeze and the area was beautiful. We also had some lovely views.
After our walk we went out for dinner at the waterfront. We found a restaurant called the Greek Fisherman. It had a cute atmosphere and delicious food. For starters we had tomato, mozzarella and basil bruschetta as well as some fried haloumi. Then we all decided to try their grilled sole. Ashlyn and I had it with chips and mom and dad chose rice. We had a nice drive home and fell into bed (it was almost 11 o' clock) The cool thing about Cape Town is that the sun only sets at about 8:30!
(I will post some photos later when we figure out how to load photos from dad's camera to the iPad.)
Lovely post today. I hope the weather will be good enough to go up Table Mountain. I tried to send an invitation to barross@versatel.nl (Anneke), but she didn't get it, so I did it again. But maybe you must do it???
ReplyDeleteOma.
Ya Oma, I must do it- I will try now. Then we can see if she can see it. Did Tante Elly get her invitation?
ReplyDelete