I really have mixed feelings about being back home. On the one hand I am tired and am glad to be home so that I can rest and get ready for school. On the other hand, we had such a fun time and Cape Town is awesome- so I'm sad it's over.
Let me tell you what we did this morning:
We all got packed and ready to leave, then we went out for breakfast. We went to this little deli down the road, called Carlucci's. I had a croisant with scrambled egg and bacon, as well as a freshly squeezed orange juice. It was very nice.
The flight home was fine, if not a bit boring (but- then again, you don't want to have a very exiting trip in an aeroplane!) I sat next to Ashlyn and we entertained each other. After an very long wait to claim our baggage, we drove home.
I really had fun writing the blog- although it was hard finding time. I am so glad that you all could read it.
Blogging at Harrie's Pancake House
These are everyone's highs :) and lows :( of the holiday:
Me
High: The Segway tour
Low: I got a lot of headaches throughout the holiday
Ashlyn
High: Touching the owls
Low: I don't know
Mom
High: The beautiful long days, the spectacular views and the buzzy restaurants. In 2 words: Cape Town!
Low: The goggos and mosquitos
Dad
High: There is so many! But I would have to say being with my family :)
Low: Not being consulted on my Tuesday-night dinner *
*Dad wanted a burger, but mom had thought he wanted some pizza. She went in to order while he parked. She ordered 1 large pizza and 1 small one for her, dad and me to share. In the end dad got himself a burger- like Ashlyn- and me and mom had to eat a lot of pizza!




My crayfish starter at Parangos more than made up for the "burger blapsch"!
ReplyDeleteIt was great to see Nicole and Ashlyn just enjoying themselves and having fun - thanks for being such awesome girls! Love you so much. Nix, you blogs we're great reads to re live the memories!
To my No. 1 travel companion - 20 years ago we left Cape Town and we had been married for 2 weeks - now it is 20 years on and it's still the best to share time with you!
Welcome back home Nicole. I've been waiting for this last blog THE WHOLE DAY. Started looking at 8.30 am. Thanks for the lovely photo's and stories. The food just looks fabulous every time.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, till next time!! Greece, here we come
Hi Oma- sorry for the wait! Thanks for following my blog. You are the best Oma in the world! Ya- on to Greece :)
ReplyDeleteIt was such a great holiday. Thanks for the AWESOME blog account, Nicole - it makes it really memorable! Did anyone mention that one of those goggos bit me and it swelled up to the size of a small flapjack? I didn't know CT had such dangerous bugs!
ReplyDeleteHi Nicole, today's blog was a bonus then. I thought you had finished yesterday. I did like your highs and lows. Sorry to hear about the headaches. It seems a family problem.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are back and we had an absolutely wonderful evening, celebrating Marinda's 8 distinctions and 90% average.
Your faithful blogreader :)
ha ha - loved your blog. Please carry on writing - I love how your humour came out in the writing. And hey - I for one am so glad you guys are back again. I missed you!
ReplyDelete